President Muhammadu Buhari has approved a new salary package for police personnel.
Mr Buhari also assured that his administration will continue to give attention to the welfare and operational needs of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) with a view to restoring its lost primacy in the internal security framework of the country.
Mr Buhari said this during an audience in the State House, Abuja, with members of the Nigeria Police Service Commission and the leadership of the Nigeria Police Force on a “Thank You” visit.
NEW POLICE SALARIES as approved by PMB:
1) Police Constable (PC) II – N84,000
2) Police Constable (PC) I – N86,000
3) Sergeant Copral (SC) – N96,000
4) Sergeant Major (SM) – N119,000
5) Inspector Of Police (IP) II – N167,000
6) Inspector of Police (IP) I – N254,000
7) Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) II – N271,000
8)Assistant Superintendent of Police(ASP) I – N296,000
9) Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) – N321,000
10) Superintendent of Police (SP) – N342,000
11) Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) – N419,000
12) Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) – N483,000
13) Deputy commissioner of Police (DCP) – N531,000
14) Commissioner of Police (CP) – N1.5million.