Applications are invited for MSc and PhD palliative care scholarships for Africa-based healthcare professionals. There is one MSc Scholarship and one PhD Scholarship available for those who wish to complete the course on a full time basis (MSc: one year, PhD: three years).
The scholarships for these courses will allow students to gain essential qualifications, skills and experience that can be applied to local healthcare settings and to meet palliative care needs in Africa.
APCA recognises the importance of integrating palliative care into national health systems across Africa. We see this as the cornerstone of ensuring access to palliative care for everyone on the continent. Driven by a profound desire to reduce unnecessary pain and suffering from life-limiting illnesses across Africa, APCA was formally founded in Tanzania in 2004. We work collaboratively with existing and potential providers of palliative care services to help expand service provision (although we don’t provide direct clinical care to people living with progressive, life-limiting illnesses).
- Application Deadline: September 14, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc and PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for healthcare professionals. The MSc and PhD in Palliative Care have made a global impact on the volume of high quality research used to inform clinical care and palliative care policy.
- Scholarship Award: Each scholarship will fund tuition fees, travel, accommodation and living expenses. Additional research costs are available for the PhD student.
- Nationality: Available for African citizens
- Number of Scholarships: There is one MSc Scholarship and one PhD Scholarship available for those who wish to complete the course on a full time basis (MSc: one year, PhD: three years).
- Scholarship can be taken in Africa